If you have been waiting for this opportunity to come around again, here it is. From today (22 Jun 2017) through the 26th, you can access the Irish and British genealogy records at Findmypast for FREE!
Five Free Days of Irish and British Genealogy Records
Here are all the details you need to know:
Findmypast has just announced that their collection of Irish and British genealogy records will be free to access for the next five days. More than 1.1 billion records ranging from censuses and parish registers, to military service records will be completely free to search and explore.
For the duration of the free access period, all visitors to Findmypast will be able to access all of the following resources for free;
- The largest collection of UK Parish Registers anywhere online;
- The largest online collection of Irish family history records in the world;
- The largest collection of British Military service records and the only collection to cover all three service branches (Army, Navy & Air Force);
- The largest collection of British WW1 records & over 2.7 million Foreign Office Prisoner of War records covering both World Wars;
- The largest online collection of England & Wales Crime, Prisons, and Punishment records;
- Over 13 million Roman Catholic Sacramental Registers covering Ireland, Scotland, England, and the US.
Findmypast is hoping to encourage genealogists to experience the very best of what they have to offer. Researchers will also be provided with daily getting started guides, expert insights and useful how-to blogs over the course of the free access period, as well as a free downloadable eBook entitled “Your Must Have Guide to Finding your British & Irish Ancestors.”
Open “Ask the Experts” Q & A for Irish and British Genealogy
An open “ask the experts” question and answer session will also be broadcast live on Facebook at 10am EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) on Monday (June 26th). You won’t want to miss that amazing opportunity!
Findmypast has specialists who are well educated in search techniques, military records, UK family history and everything in-between will be on hand to answer any questions researchers may have. Whether you are just getting started or need help overcoming a brick wall, this is where you will want to be!
And wait…there’s more! A free webinar entitled “20 Unmissable Resources for Tracing Your British and Irish ancestors” will be available at 11am EDT, on Wednesday July 5th.
So, take advantage of this rare opportunity to further your family research in the area of Great Britain and Ireland! Be sure to let us know about your amazing finds in the comment section below, or at The Genealogy Reporter Facebook page.